Preparing the student of today to make a contribution to the Europe of tomorrow!
The EU budget formation process will undergo significant changes. Who will exercise the power of the EU Purse?
The Executive Training Seminar will examine the new developments in the EU budget and the 2021-2027 Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), and the ways they impact the EU, Member States and national Parliaments.
Participants will hone their strategic knowledge and skills by:
- Analysing the new developments of the MFF and the state of play of negotiations;
- Identifying and discussing best practices on how EU and national actors scrutinise the MFF;
- Gaining expertise on Parliaments’ instruments and related assessments related to the management of EU/Eurozone affairs;
- Obtaining invaluable insights about the role of the InvestEU as an EU financial instrument;
- Examining how EU budget mechanisms affect national economic policies;
- Steering an inter-parliamentary network of best practices.
Through interactive exercises such as a simulation game, modelling a real budget-case scenario, an Oxford debate and a world café, this Executive Training Seminar will create an enabling environment for peer-learning and for inter-institutional networking.
CEPS Summer School for young professionals and academics
The CEPS Summer School offers a unique setting in which participants can deepen their understanding of the functioning of the EU, with a special focus on the economic and financial governance framework. This theme encompasses the rationale and interests underpinning the ongoing policy debate, market mechanisms at work and emerging future challenges.
The classes extend over six days in early September. Each day students attend lectures, discussion groups or technical seminars led by our in-house experts, including Daniel Gros and Cinzia Alcidi. These sessions are complemented by seminars and discussions with EU officials and policymakers. Learning is reinforced by visits to the EU institutions and stimulating group interactions, in which participants can share their views and experience, making the week both inspiring and fun.
- Cinzia Alcidi, CEPS Academy Coordinator
- Willem Pieter de Groen, Coordinator Finance Programme - CEPS Summer School
- Margarita Minkova, Administrative Coordinator - CEPS Summer School
- Veselina Georgieva, Administrative Coordinator - Economic Policy Unit
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com
The Integrated Programme in European Policy Studies (IPEPS) complemented master’s degree programmes in Universities across Europe. It provided practical content and policy-oriented training, drawing from CEPS’ extensive experience as a prominent European think tank. It aimed to promote critical thinking and in-depth learning of real-life EU policy issues. The programme offered a comprehensive coverage of EU policy areas: EU macroeconomic governance, Regulation and the economics of financial markets, Energy Union and climate change, EU single market and the four freedoms, Decision-making across EU policies.
- IPEPS Master Module on EU Policies 2018
- IPEPS Master Module on EU Policies 2017
- IPEPS Summer School: Introduction to EU Economic Governance 2016
The IPEPS project received funding from Erasmus+ - Jean Monnet - support to Institutions
Young Thinkers for Europe: CEPS Ideas Lab
The Young Thinkers initiative took place during the CEPS Ideas Lab event in 2017 and 2016. It aimed at fostering the involvement of young officials from national governments eager to join the Brussels debate and help to shape it. It is an innovative platform promoting the exchange of views on key policy issues facing Europe. All sessions of the Ideas Lab were open to the ‘Young Thinkers’ participants. Special sessions discussing EU challenges from different levels and angles were also organised.
In the framework of the research project InGRID (Integrating Expertise in Inclusive Growth), CEPS organised a series of winter schools on social policy analysis and labour market developments. InGRID winter school sessions offered lectures with leading international experts and provided participants with the opportunity to discuss and develop their own projects, either as PhD or postdoctoral students.
- Cinzia Alcidi, Coordinator of CEPS Academy activities and Scientific Coordinator of IPEPS
- Willem Pieter de Groen, Member of the Executive Committee of IPEPS
- Daniel Gros, Chair of the Supervisory Board of IPEPS
- Diego Valiante (European Commission), External Member of the Supervisory Board of IPEPS
- Margarita Minkova, Administrative Coordinator of CEPS Summer School and Young Thinkers for Europe
- Veselina Georgieva, Administrative Coordinator of IPEPS